Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Loving it all

We recently moved into a new home and I've been consolidating my magazines into neat, organized piles. They are often my sources of creative inspiration.

As I pass by the untouched stacks, I look at them longingly... But there is work to do - coursework for my master's program, practicum hours to fulfill, and my commitment to my employer.

The toughest part about it is that I love all of my commitments. Every single role that I occupy. So it's not that I'd rather be inspired by magazines and forgo other things, I just wish I had more time.

My life hasn't always been like this. I've been in situations that were miserable, where my talents were wasted and my strengths overlooked. I'm not sure how I ended up loving so much of what I do, except that I began to follow my interests and good opportunities started to come my way.

So, I hope you're loving what you do. If not, keep looking for the things that bring you joy and fulfillment. We all deserve to live with happiness. It's just up to you to find it.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting and so much to do!

    Yes, joy and fulfillment is the path I'm on, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Pamela.

    It's a great path to be on, isn't it? Cheers!

    ReplyDelete