- Drink a lot of wine. And tequila.
- Figure out how we’re going to pay off the $50K in medical bills that we’ve amassed so far in 2009.
- Forget about #2 and take a tropical vacation that involves lots of alcohol and a temporary escape from reality.
- Do hard-core cardio, lift weights, and do hot yoga.
- Paint the living room without worrying about inhaling paint fumes. Maybe paint the whole interior, even the furniture.
- Find a job since I can’t re-enter my graduate program until fall 2010.
- Work on a creative project I’ve been contemplating for years.
- Plan an elaborate Halloween costume because it looks like I’ll be partying this year.
- Drink more wine.
- Pick another clinic and start this physically, emotionally, and financially exhausting process all over again.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Our IVF cycle was a bust. There are no embryos to transfer, so we're done. Finally knowing is better than the chronic stress we've both felt from wondering after we received the last lab report on Tuesday. I already have a consultation set up with a clinic in Denver, which is where we should have started out in the beginning. Meanwhile, I came up with a Top 10 list of things to do after a failed IVF cycle: