Thursday, October 15, 2009

Now what?

Our IVF cycle was a bust. There are no embryos to transfer, so we're done. Finally knowing is better than the chronic stress we've both felt from wondering after we received the last lab report on Tuesday. I already have a consultation set up with a clinic in Denver, which is where we should have started out in the beginning. Meanwhile, I came up with a Top 10 list of things to do after a failed IVF cycle:


  1. Drink a lot of wine. And tequila.
  2. Figure out how we’re going to pay off the $50K in medical bills that we’ve amassed so far in 2009.
  3. Forget about #2 and take a tropical vacation that involves lots of alcohol and a temporary escape from reality.
  4. Do hard-core cardio, lift weights, and do hot yoga.
  5. Paint the living room without worrying about inhaling paint fumes. Maybe paint the whole interior, even the furniture.
  6. Find a job since I can’t re-enter my graduate program until fall 2010.
  7. Work on a creative project I’ve been contemplating for years.
  8. Plan an elaborate Halloween costume because it looks like I’ll be partying this year.
  9. Drink more wine.
  10. Pick another clinic and start this physically, emotionally, and financially exhausting process all over again.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry things didn't work out as you had hoped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marci,
    Thanks for your post on my blog. The gravel road photo was just a freebie off of the internet.

    I was sad to see your latest post when I came over to your blog for the first time. I underwent IVF to get my boys. I know what you're going through. I'm just leaving a quick word here, but if you want to chat please email me (i don't have access to your email). hope to hear from you soon, Kathi at traybella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. Your kind words mean a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking about you Marci.
    --grace

    ReplyDelete